- Business performance improvement
- International trade and finance
- Asian strategy development and implementation
- Relationship management
- Governance and leadership
- Development and delivery of training programmes
in educational institutions and commercial organisations.
- 2012 onwards – Director AsiaConnect – Leveraging his specialist expertise in cross cultural business relationships at a senior executive level developed over two decades of extensive offshore experience.
- 2010 – 2012 Head of Asia-New Zealand Relationship Management for ANZ Bank with responsibility for coordination and implementation of bank’s institutional and commercial Asian strategy.
- 2005 – 2009 based in China where he managed a team consulting to ANZ’s two local partner banks, Shanghai Rural Bank and Bank of Tianjin.
- 2003 – 2004 Taiwan Country Manager for ANZ Bank.
Background and Experience
- Chris has spent most of his career in the Asian region and has many years of experience in working with diverse cultures. Originally from Wellington, New Zealand, he has worked in Australia, India, Taiwan and China.
- He has worked with senior advisors to Governments to develop international trading capabilities and growth. He has also worked closely with companies to identify Asian business opportunities including all aspects of their trading and finance relationships.
- Consults widely in the Asian region, and speaks fluent Mandarin.